Friday, June 15, 2007

Salsa Chicken Breast

I was literally starving to death the past week. I was getting so sick of fast food I decided to get myself into the kitchen. I found a chicken breast in the freezer so I took it out and defroze it. God knows it was fresh. I dumped a handsome amount of virgin olive oil and some salted butter into the minipressure cooker. To make the base gravy I chopped a quarter of an onion and 2 cloves of garlic. All of that went into the cooker. I found some asparagus, which I absolutely love, and dumped 3 stalks into the cooker as well. Salt and a little bit of crushed black pepper to taste. The aroma was pretty intense. I found a lovely tomato and mashed it with a fork (how primitive). It turned out into really nice bits with all the seeds and flesh preserved. That went into the cooker. I flopped some tomato sauce (Heinz) and a little bit of thousand islands mayo into the cooker as well. The sauce was reallllllllly crazy.

The chicken was alright. I pulled all the skin out (I hate skin) and put it into the cooker. I let it cook under mid-pressure for 10-12 minutes then came back after a bath. Then I realized the fire wasn't fucking turned on ROFLOLAOSLDOLOL. So I turned the fire up and went to watch TV. I switched to Discovery Travel & Living which I've been watching a lot lately. 1000 Places to See Before you Die was on. They were featuring India which is a place I will want to visit later in my life.

The chicken turned out well. It was well-cooked and the tomato sauce marinated into the outer skin of the flesh. I should have added a little bit more water and salt but it was good nonetheless. The salsa wasn't nearly existent because 1 tomato clearly was useless, so I may try 3-4 in future. 6.5/10 :p

Also I found this from some brazilian rentboy's photoblog ^_~. Hot.

No comments: