Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lee Kuan Yew Day

I just don't get why people still get so turned on by NDP. It's almost the same thing over and over again, the songs are the same every year, the itinery is so bland and erm, notice the people in white are the same every year lol?

No, I'm not being excessively cynical or anarchist, the fact is NDP is B-O-R-I-N-G and it hurts the eyes, the ears, the spirit and most importantly your intelligence quotient. It's very much illegal (and socially unacceptable) to parade through orchard road screaming patriotic slogans even though it's National Day... how ironic. This nation is so unnecessarily authoritarian.

Ok I'm going to pull off a political stunt, but believe me I'm not trying to be a political columnist/dramatist. I hope I don't get into trouble, but if you belong to the KGB or whatever it's called here please regard this as satire. (sense my fear?)

But yeh........ just the mole and inverted hair colors i guess.

I think most Singaporeans have pondered on the degree of calamity facing the passing of the Minister Mentor. Would there be factionism amongst the PAP? Is there a possibility that the PAP will be wiped off the general elections soon after LKY's death? Would there be declassification of heinous secrets surrounding LKY's illustrious and dramatic life?

Well for one, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong (his son) isn't meant to be treated like a transparent scarecrow. Wow I just noticed the fabulous planning. Anyway, I shouldn't be ranting about Singaporean politics on the day before my birthday, and definitely not when I have lovely chocolate cake in my mouth... :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday friend :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Leon said...

wanna go back to cuba?